black and tan eyes

Thursday, February 09, 2006

They took their time...

More Ozu is on the way from that best DVD distribution company in the free world, Criterion! The title is the 1949 masterpiece Late Spring, and it's coming in May, packaged with an an audio commentary, essays (one by Ozu scholar Donald Richie), and Wim Wender's film Tokyo-Ga on a second disc. I'm a happy chappie indeed.

The cover art aint too shabby. In fact, I'm inclined to think it one of Criterion's best:

UPDATE (16 February 2006): The kooks at Criterion have removed Late Spring from their "Coming Soon" page. I guess this means it'll be delayed another month. Unless they're adding some more extras and are therefore updating the specs (we all live in hope). I'm on tenterhooks at the moment...

UPDATE (17 February 2006): It's back on, and it's being released in May afterall. I can rest easy at last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home