black and tan eyes

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Welcome. Shalom. Haere Mai.




Well, I think some introductions are in order.

I am 22 years of age and currently in my first year of an Master of Arts degree in English at the University of Auckland. I live in the city's south-eastern suburbs, a region with a high immigrant population. I am an immigrant myself, having left South Africa, the country of my birth, for New Zealand in 1993. I am Jewish, and consider my Jewishness central to my personal identity. That would make me an ex-South African New Zealand Jew, I guess. I'm tempted to add my eye-colour to that list, but then again, no...

As far as my political beliefs are concerned, if pressed I would say I am centre-right, but I am not all that fond of labels. That said, I am a Zionist, and I support the State of Israel's right to exist as the homeland of the Jewish people. I dislike extremism in any form, political or religious and I deplore totalitarianism.

Literature, writing, film and music are my passions. More about these later.

Coming soon: a list of links to webpages that I like.

1 Comments:

  • Hello from America... look forward to reading your blog..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home